GIS Applications for Hydraulic and Hydrologic Modeling
As recognized experts in the application of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in support of hydraulic and hydrologic computer models, WEST Consultants, Inc. routinely offers training courses on a national and international basis to government agencies and private industry organizations, including courses on the use of the ArcGIS extensions ArcHydro, HEC-GeoHMS, and HEC-GeoRAS. WEST’s instructors all have extensive application experience with these and other GIS applications in support of hydraulic and hydrologic modeling.
WEST has provided the GIS Applications for Hydraulic and Hydrologic Modeling class in both our standard 3-day course format as well as customizations to meet our client’s needs (also taught in combination with the HEC-RAS: Basic Hydraulic Modeling for Steady Flow Analysis).
WEST’s hands-on seminar and computer workshop provides practical training in the application of the ArcGIS extensions ArcHydro, HEC-GeoHMS, and HEC-GeoRAS. Participants will learn how to process data and create hydro networks using ArcHydro, develop HEC-RAS geometry and process HEC-RAS data results, build a project in HEC-GeoHMS and prepare the data files for HEC-HMS, and set up projects within the HEC-RAS and HEC-HMS environments. Intensive computer workshops provide valuable hands-on experience in applying these skills. GIS data models and related concepts supporting hydraulic and hydrologic modeling are also discussed throughout the course.
“This course is just right for modelers wanting to bring ArcHydro, HEC-RAS and HEC-HMS together and advance to the next level.”
– Jean Thibodeaux, J Thibodeaux & Associates, Covington, LA
“I really enjoyed the seminar and thought it was well organized.”
– Pete Rogers, University of Texas at Tyler, Tyler, TX
“Very good instructor and very good class.”
– Mary Ann Lind, DMK Associates, Venice, FL
- HEC-RAS: Basic Hydraulic Modeling for Steady Flow Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Unsteady Flow Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Two-Dimensional Modeling
- HEC-RAS: Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Dam Break Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Sediment Transport Modeling
- HEC-HMS: Hydrologic Modeling
- GIS Applications for Hydraulic and Hydrologic Modeling
- Streambank Stabilization for Restoration and Flood Control Projects
- SCADA Training through WEST-EDI