Location(s): Bellevue, WA
WEST Consultants, Inc., a premier firm in water resources engineering, is seeking energetic and ambitious applicants qualified to apply for a Full-Time Engineer Technician position in Bellevue, WA.
As an Engineer Technician, you will use your knowledge and eye for technical detail to support our Engineering staff on water resources engineering projects. Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Preparing figures, maps, and graphics with ArcGIS and AutoCAD
- Ensuring work conforms to correct CAD standards
- Using GIS tools to pre- and post-process data
- Creating, organizing, manipulating, and evaluating GIS data
- Research records, maps, and other sources to obtain engineering data
- Other related duties may be assigned
0-2 years related experience.
As a successful candidate, you feel passionate about using your creativity and meticulous eye in your work approach. Your capabilities include:
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or Microstation required, familiarity with Civil 3D and/or InRoads extensions preferred
- Experience using ArcGIS desired, familiarity with 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst extensions a plus
- Ability to perform data format conversions between CAD and GIS
- Proficient computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook); programming abilities a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to work independently and manage time, as well as work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Professional/Technical Degree or Certificate in engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Computer Aided Design and Drafting, or other relevant technical field required.
$21-$24/hour – depending on experience. Competitive benefits package also available for full-time employees.
How to Apply:
If you meet the qualifications and requirements listed above and have a passion to help solve complex water resources problems, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
WEST Consultants, Inc. (WEST) is a small business firm providing water resources engineering consulting services from our seven offices located in Oregon, Washington, Texas, California, and Arizona. Over the past 30 years, WEST has built a superior reputation for providing quality water resources services to government and private clients. We offer a dynamic work environment where our talented teams are solving some of the most challenging projects in water resources engineering.
WEST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a federal contractor, WEST participates in E-Verify to validate the employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
- Senior Project Manager – Water Resources Engineer - Folsom, CA
- Senior Engineer / Project Manager – Water Resources Engineer - San Diego, CA; Bellevue, WA
- Entry Level Water Resources Staff Engineer - Tempe, AZ; San Diego, CA; Salem, OR; Dallas, TX; Bellevue, WA
- Engineering Technician - Bellevue, WA