Entry Level Water Resources Staff Engineer
Location(s): Tempe, AZ; Folsom, CA; San Diego, CA; Salem, OR; Dallas, TX; Bellevue, WA
If you are interested in working on some of the most challenging water resources issues of our time, WEST has a job opportunity for you. WEST Consultants, Inc., a premier firm in water resources engineering, is seeking energetic and ambitious applicants qualified to apply for an Entry Level Water Resources Staff Engineer position. Positions are being considered for our office locations in Tempe, AZ; Folsom, CA; San Diego, CA; Salem, OR; Dallas, TX; and Bellevue, WA.
Responsibilities: Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Apply ingenuity and creativity to solve complex hydrologic and hydraulic engineering problems over a wide range of applications.
- Conduct water resources engineering evaluations and studies.
- Assess and evaluate complex water resource systems including watersheds receiving rain and snow.
- Analyze and perform hydraulic design of reservoirs, channels, and other hydraulic structures.
- Conduct riverine and estuarine hydraulic and sediment transport modeling using single and multi-dimensional numerical models.
- Use GIS tools to pre- and post-process data.
- Prepare figures, maps, and graphics.
- Organize, manipulate, and evaluate data using spreadsheets or other engineering software.
- Prepare technical reports and memoranda.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Experience Requirements: 0-10 years related experience.
Skill Requirements: In addition to being enthusiastic about working in the field of water resources, the successful candidate should have the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently & manage time, as well as work as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills. Knowledge of programming languages such as Visual Basic and Python is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of HEC models such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS. Knowledge of other models, as well as GIS software, is a plus.
Educational Requirements: Master’s Degree or higher in Civil or Environmental Engineering or water resources related field is required.
How to Apply: If you meet the qualifications and requirements listed above and have a passion to help solve complex water resources problems, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
WEST Consultants, Inc. (WEST) is a small business firm providing water resources engineering consulting services from our seven offices located in Oregon, Washington, Texas, California, and Arizona. Over the past 30 years, WEST has built a superior reputation for providing quality water resources services to government and private clients. We offer a dynamic work environment where our talented teams are solving some of the most challenging projects in water resources engineering. WEST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. As a federal contractor, WEST in E-Verify to validate the employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
- Senior Project Manager – Water Resources Engineer - Folsom, CA
- Senior Engineer / Project Manager – Water Resources Engineer - San Diego, CA; Dallas, TX; Bellevue, WA
- Entry Level Water Resources Staff Engineer - Tempe, AZ; Folsom, CA; San Diego, CA; Salem, OR; Dallas, TX; Bellevue, WA