Geomorphologist/Water Resources Engineer
Location(s): Bellevue, WA
WEST Consultants, Inc., a premier firm in water resources engineering, is seeking energetic and ambitious applicants qualified to apply for a mid- to senior-level fluvial geomorphologist position in our Bellevue, WA, location.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assessing reach and watershed conditions, producing hydraulics bases of design reports, floodplain analyses, channel migration analyses, and sediment transport studies.
- Completing projects under a multi-year contract for replacement of Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) culverts for fish passage across the Puget Sound, Olympic Peninsula, and southwestern Washington regions.
- Assessing physical and fluvial processes that influence existing and proposed channel planform, geometry, and sediment supply.
- Assessing erosional and depositional processes as they relate to land-use, riverine and floodplain stability, and ecological function.
- Assessing short- and long-term channel stability, including lateral migration, aggradation, and degradation.
- Developing stream restoration and enhancement recommendations.
- Contributing to WSDOT preliminary hydraulic design (PHD) and final hydraulic design (FHD) reports that meet WSDOT design standards and Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife (WDFW) guidelines.
- Minimum of five years working experience in fluvial geomorphology.
- Experience with river hydraulics, channel stability analyses, stream restoration, fish passage and culvert replacement projects, and floodplain restoration.
In addition to being enthusiastic about working in the field of water resources, the successful candidate should have the following skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage time as well as work as part of a team.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in 1D and 2D hydrodynamic modeling.
Educational and Professional Registration Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in geology, civil engineering, environmental science, or related field is required.
- Master’s Degree or higher in civil engineering, geology, environmental science, or related field is preferred.
- Washington State Licensed Professional Engineer and/or Licensed Geologist, or one who aspires to get licensed.
How to Apply:
If you meet the qualifications and requirements listed above and want to be a part of this respected company, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WEST Consultants, Inc. (WEST) is a small business firm providing water resources engineering consulting services from our eight offices located in Oregon, Washington, Texas, California, and Arizona. Over the past 32 years, WEST has built a superior reputation for providing quality water resources services to government and private clients. We offer a dynamic work environment where our talented teams are solving some of the most challenging problems in water resources engineering.
- WEST is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
- As a federal contractor, WEST participates in E-Verify to validate the employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.