Proposal Writing Specialist
Opening in: Salem, OR
WEST Consultants, Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for a Proposal Writing Specialist position responsible for providing varying levels of proposal writing and coordination support to management. This position will report directly to the Salem, OR Senior Vice President, but will be assisting other managers and project managers with a variety of writing and editing needs as well.
- Obtain and review RFP/RFQ documents and guidelines to ensure proposal requirements are met
- Gather pertinent information through internal and external communication, following up with contacts as needed
- Maintain real-time tracking of proposal documents and statuses
- Use Access database and other company resources to gather information to prepare draft resumes, project descriptions, and other related documents
- Assist in preparing proposals, which could include creating proposal outlines, compiling proposal drafts with boilerplate text, writing new text with gathered materials
- Maintain electronic files of proposal documents and resources
- Assist in creation of various other marketing materials to include SOQ’s, Flyers, Brochures, Email Blasts, Graphics
- Assist with other writing/editing projects as needed, such as drafting, proofreading, and word-processing or formatting of reports, memos, articles, etc.
- Create quarterly internal newsletter
- Assist in updating the company website’s text and pages as needed
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, and Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Fundamental written and oral communication skills, including a sound foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and learn office technology systems.
- Detail oriented mindset
- Strong sense of schedule and adaptability to match changing timelines needed
- Communication skills, including friendly and helpful attitude
- Critical thinking and a willingness to learn a must.
- Ability to multi-task a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Writing, Marketing or related degree preferred
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION:
- Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- Hourly Rate: Depending on experience. Competitive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k match, and other benefits available for full-time employees.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
WEST Consultants, Inc. (WEST) is a small business firm providing water resources engineering consulting services from our six offices located in Oregon, Washington, California, Texas, and Arizona. Over the past 30 years, WEST has built a superior reputation for providing quality water resources services to government and private clients. We offer a dynamic work environment where our talented teams are solving some of the most challenging projects in water resources engineering.
WEST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a federal contractor, WEST participates in E-Verify to validate the employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
- Senior Project Manager – Water Resources Engineer - Folsom, CA
- Senior Engineer / Project Manager – Water Resources Engineer - San Diego, CA
- Entry Level Water Resources Staff Engineer - San Diego, CA; Folsom, CA; Salem, OR; Dallas, TX; Tempe, AZ
- Proposal Writing Specialist - Salem, OR
- Engineer Technician - Bellevue, WA