Water Resources Engineering Vice President
Location(s): Bellevue, WA
WEST Consultants, Inc. (WEST), a premier firm in water resources engineering, has a need for an energetic and ambitious senior level engineer candidate interested in a Water Resources Engineering Vice President position in our Bellevue, Washington, location. This position will be responsible for leading the operations of a busy office with about 15-20 staff; providing project management and technical expertise; actively participating in marketing, client relations, and firm visibility development efforts; and providing general staff leadership and office administration.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Project Management: In addition to managing and providing technical work individually when appropriate, this position will manage the general project workflow of all office staff. Duties include to:
- Conduct contract negotiations with clients and subconsultants in coordination with an appropriate WEST signatory.
- Participate in the creation/review of office proposals, project schedules, budgets, project milestones, etc.
- Provide technical advice and communication to clients.
- Provide quality assurance/quality control for office work products.
- Ensure that all scheduled project deliverables are produced on time.
- Assist in proactively identifying potential problems with projects and provide assistance in resolving them.
- Manage outside subconsultant activities and deliverables as required.
- Monitor project budgets and prepare monthly office billing instructions in coordination with the bookkeeper.
Technical Expertise: This position should have technical expertise in civil or environmental engineering, with specialization in water resources engineering covering many of the following types of work and related software:
- Hydrologic, hydraulic, geomorphic, sediment transport, and water quality analysis.
- Development of numerical models for water resources investigations.
- Familiarity with HEC numerical models.
- Hydraulic structure design.
- Flood risk evaluation and mitigation.
- Design of stormwater management facilities.
- Environmental impact assessment and mitigation.
- Preparation of technical reports and design and construction documents, figures, maps, and graphics.
Marketing, Public Representation, and Client Development: This position will focus on the visibility of the firm, securing work with active clients and teaming partners, and identifying and securing new work. Part of this effort may include to:
- Develop, manage, and maintain client relationships.
- Identify business opportunities and prepare proposals.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and seminars.
- Maintain professional visibility by actively participating in civic and professional organizations.
Office/Staff Administration: This position will lead day-to-day business operations and directly supervise 15-20 employees, leading and mentoring the team and completing the related administrative duties required:
- Develop and monitor workload and staffing requirements, working closely with other management staff to balance office workload and meet all project objectives.
- Provide a vision and guidance to staff to assist in their technical and professional development:
- Define objectives for office staff.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and goal-setting guidance to staff.
- Provide staff with ongoing performance feedback and counsel to promote improved performance and career development.
- Advise staff on company policies and procedures, coordinate training and staff meetings as needed, and monitor and enforce compliance in these areas.
- Review and approve staff timesheets, expense reports, and other administrative matters.
Experience Requirements: The candidate should have 10 years of diverse technical project experience, demonstrating an increased level of professional development and responsibility. Experience working with both public and private sector clients is desirable.
Skill Requirements: In addition to being enthusiastic about working in the field of water resources, the successful candidate should have the following skills:
- Dedication to producing quality technical products and providing responsive client services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage individuals and teams successfully with a business vision, as well as the ability to work independently when needed.
- Ability to represent the firm effectively to clients, key public officials, and the community in general.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Must be willing to travel periodically.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Civil or Environmental Engineering or water resources related field is required.
- P.E. registration required.
How to Apply:
If you meet the qualifications and requirements listed above and want to be a part of this respected company, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
WEST Consultants, Inc. is a small business firm providing water resources engineering consulting services from our eight offices located in Oregon, Washington, California, Texas, and Arizona. Over the past 30 years, WEST has built a reputation for providing quality water resources services to government and private clients. We offer a dynamic work environment where our talented teams are solving some of the most challenging projects in water resources engineering.
WEST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Candidates for this position must be currently eligible to work in the United States. As a federal contractor, WEST participates in E-Verify to validate the employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.