Water Resources Engineer – Data Analysis & Visualization
Location(s): Tempe, AZ
Employer: WEST Consultants, Inc.
Job Location: Tempe, AZ
Title: Water Resources Engineer – Data Analysis & Visualization
Requirements: Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, and 4 years of experience as a Civil Engineer or related occupation, and eligibility for an Arizona Professional Engineer license. University coursework must include: Sedimentation or Sediment Transport, Numerical Modeling, and Advanced Hydraulics. Experience must include:
- 4 years of experience in working with sediment transport projects.
- 4 years of experience in data analysis in the application of hydrologic, hydraulic, and sediment transport models.
- 4 years of experience in working with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) focused on water resources engineering, using tools such as ArcGIS, QGIS, Python, GDAL, Fiona, Shapely, Rasterio, GeoPandas.
- 4 years of experience in working with the following civil engineering tools : HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HEC-ResSim, and HEC-6/6T. 4 years of scripting experience focused on water resources engineering, reservoir operations, and sediment transport, using Python, Mayavi, Jython, VBA, SQL, MATLAB FORTRAN, and C/C++.
All education, training, and experience may be gained concurrently. Applicants must be U.S. workers (includes U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees). Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject line.
WEST Consultants, Inc. (WEST) is a small business firm providing water resources engineering consulting services from our seven offices located in Oregon, Washington, Texas, California, and Arizona. Over the past 30 years, WEST has built a superior reputation for providing quality water resources services to government and private clients. We offer a dynamic work environment where our talented teams are solving some of the most challenging projects in water resources engineering.
WEST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a federal contractor, WEST participates in E-Verify to validate the employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
- Senior Project Manager – Water Resources Engineer - Folsom, CA
- Senior Engineer / Project Manager – Water Resources Engineer - San Diego, CA; Dallas, TX; Bellevue, WA
- Entry Level Water Resources Staff Engineer - Tempe, AZ; Folsom, CA; San Diego, CA; Salem, OR; Dallas, TX; Bellevue, WA
- Engineering Technician - Bellevue, WA
- Water Resources Engineer – Data Analysis & Visualization - Tempe, AZ