- This event has passed.
2021 American Meteorological Society (AMS) Summer Community Meeting
September 21, 2021 - September 23, 2021
The AMS Summer Community Meeting (SCM) is a special time during the year when professionals from academia, industry, and government (i.e., the Weather, Water, and Climate Enterprise) come together to discuss broader strategic priorities, identify opportunities to collaborate, and share points of view on pressing topics. The SCM provides a unique, informal setting for constructive deliberation of current issues and development of a shared vision for the future.
We are excited to host this year’s meeting online. With the theme, “Building Forward Together: New Opportunities in Academic, Private, Public Collaboration,” this year’s Meeting will highlight many new, transformative initiatives now evolving across the Enterprise, while also soliciting community involvement to discuss some of our emerging challenges.
The current list of likely sessions for the AMS Summer Community Meeting include:
- Expanding opportunities for R2O, O2R, and R2X across the weather Enterprise;
- EPIC kickoff: Status and next steps;
- Data sharing: balancing data ownership with community obligations;
- Exploring the future of satellite observations and delivery;
- New innovations in the weather – transportation nexus; and
- Communicating risk and uncertainty: lessons learned from the February Southern Plains Cold Outbreak