- This event has passed.
Online Basic HEC-RAS Course Taught by WEST Consultants, Inc.
October 4, 2021 @ 8:00 am - October 8, 2021 @ 12:00 pm$850.00
Instructor: James Heyen, P.E., M.ASCE
Location: Online (Microsoft Teams)
Price: See registration section below
PDH Credits: 20 hours (WEST does not issue CEU credits. It is up to the attendee to verify if the PDH credits are valid in their state)
Registration: Send an email to email@example.com to reserve a spot.
Purpose and Background
This intensive, hands-on, online seminar and computer workshop will prepare the engineer and water resource professional to use the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers HEC-RAS (River Analysis System) computer program in real world situations. The focus of this introductory HEC-RAS course is 1-dimensional steady flow analysis. Led by experts with experience in hydraulic modeling, participants learn how to conduct water surface profiles, bridge hydraulics, and flood plain information studies using the steady flow capabilities of HEC-RAS.
- Learn how to use HEC-RAS to perform steady-state 1-dimensional steady flow analysis
- Gain hands-on HEC-RAS experience by participating in practical computer workshops
- Get an overview of hydraulic principles for rivers, waterway bridges, and culverts
- Optimize the effectiveness of your next flood control or drainage projects
- Obtain valuable insights in model development and floodway optimization for FEMA flood insurance studies
- Learn how to use the HEC-RAS GIS interface, RAS Mapper
Upon completion of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic modeling principles for developing steady-state hydraulic models
- Understand the theoretical basis of HEC-RAS model
- Develop steady-state HEC-RAS models for analyzing riverine flow, basic floodways, and bridge/culvert structures
- Understand how to use RAS Mapper to develop a HEC-RAS model geometry and view analysis results
To register for the course please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot. Please provide your name, company, and phone number. Registration is limited and expected to fill up fast. Payment of $850 per attendee should mailed to:
WEST Consultants, Inc.
2601 25th St. SE
Salem, OR 97302
Checks should be made out to WEST Consultants, Inc.
Approximately 1-2 weeks before the seminar, attendees will receive an email with a link to the course material in digital form.
Who Should Attend?
Consulting engineers; water resource planners; and engineers employed by local, state, or federal government agencies. Participants should have some experience in flood plain hydrology and/or hydraulics. They should also be familiar with the Windows operating system.
Times are in Pacific Daylight Time. While the course will start at 8 a.m. and end at 12 p.m., the timing of the lectures and workshops are estimates and may change.