- This event has passed.
Texas Floodplain Management Association (TFMA) 2022 Annual Meeting
March 8, 2022 - March 11, 2022
The Texas Floodplain Management Association (TFMA) is an organization of professionals involved in floodplain management, flood hazard mitigation, the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), flood preparedness, warning and disaster recovery. The Association has become a respected voice in floodplain management practice and policy in Texas.
The Association includes flood hazard specialists from local, state and federal agencies, the mortgage, insurance and research communities, and the associated fields of flood zone determination, engineering, hydraulic forecasting, emergency response, water resources, geographic information systems, and others.
About the Annual Meeting
The Annual Meeting is the premier conference in Texas and the TFMA Conference Committee is preparing quite an event for you! This conference attracts the industry’s leading professionals and key decision makers whose innovation and expertise are shaping the future of floodplain management in Texas.
The goals of the Annual Meeting are:
- Present high quality and relevant education in industry areas including floodplain management, stormwater engineering and water resources.
- Return to our roots by having social events that will enhance networking and add that “family” feel to the conference.
- Create a successful event that sustains the Annual Meeting model for which TFMA is known.
- Workshop: New Features in HEC-RAS 2D, Brian Wahlin, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE and Noelle Fillo, M.S.
- Workshop: Basic, New, and Advanced HEC-HMS Capabilities, Michael Gerlach, P.E.
USACE HEC-RAS Modeling in Texas, Simeon Benson (USACE – Fort Worth), David C. Curtis, Ph.D. (WEST)
Review of the History and Development of Areal Reduction Factors, Simeon Benson (USACE – Fort Worth), Dr. Nick Fang (UT-Arlington), David C. Curtis, Ph.D. (WEST)
Application of the USACE Rapid Inundation Mapping Program to the Nueces River, Roham Bakhtyar (USACE Galveston District), Lee von Gynz-Guethle, P.E., CFM (WEST)
Panel Discussion: Building Flood Awareness through Communications, Moderator: Lee von Gynz-Guethle, P.E., CFM (WEST)