$5 Million USACE Award to WEST Consultants for H&H Modeling Services
WEST is pleased to announce the award of an Indefinite Delivery Type Contract from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Modeling, Mapping and Consequences (MMC) Production Center, for professional hydraulic and hydrologic (H&H) engineering services. The contract has a maximum capacity of $5 million over five years and includes a range of professional H&H modeling and other services at various nationwide locations. For example, tasks under this contract may include:
- developing updated dam and/or levee break flood models, inundation mapping, and consequence estimates
- developing 2D rainfall-runoff HEC-RAS and consequence models in specified coastal areas
- applying and testing H&H modeling and GIS modeling capabilities
- identifying standard scenario conditions as a foundation for Dam Safety Emergency Action Plans (EAPs) mapping requirements.
- incorporating into USACE inundation maps guidance for above normal operational dam control conditions
- leveraging H&H and statistical modeling, and GIS capabilities and resources
In discussing the award, Martin Teal, Senior Vice President of WEST shared “WEST has supported the MMC with advanced technical studies since 2011 and we are proud to have been selected for this contract. I view the selection as a reflection of our outstanding past work.” USACE selected WEST based on specialized experience and technical competence, qualifications, past performance, and capacity to accomplish work.
Based on this expertise, WEST may also be called on to:
- implement Corps Water Management System (CWMS) basins to include development of HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HEC-ResSim, HEC-FIA, HEC-LifeSim, and HEC-MetVue models as well as complete CAVI integration
- use CWMS models and GIS tools to produce a matrix of map layers based on specified river stages and/or dam releases during a given or theoretical flood event
- create custom GIS/Geospatial tools for use in the automation of MMC mapping production work flows and H&H data analysis
- use the common risk model for dams to obtain a security risk assessment
- support the preparation and update of Water Control Manuals for dams within USACE
The MMC is a virtual organization managed from the Vicksburg District and serves a wide group of interests across USACE. In particular, the MMC leverages H&H modeling, consequences analysis, and GIS mapping capabilities and resources to accomplish national mapping, hydraulic analysis, and consequences requirements for dam and levee safety.
For more information on the USACE MMC and the Vicksburg District, visit: https://www.mvk.usace.army.mil/Missions/
To learn about WEST’s H&H modeling and other services supporting USACE and other local, national, and international initiatives, see: www.westconsultants.com/services/