USACE Awards $40 Million Contract to WEST/MGE Joint Venture for Civil Works and H&H Design Services
WEST is pleased to announce the award of an Indefinite Delivery Type Contract from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Albuquerque District, to the WEST/MGE Joint Venture (JV) for civil works and hydrology and hydraulics (H&H) design services. The contract has a maximum capacity of $40 million over five years and is primarily for H&H studies and design on flood control and erosion protection projects within the Albuquerque District.
The WEST/MGE JV partners have collaborated with the USACE for over 30 years on hundreds of projects involving H&H design and related services for 18 different USACE districts; the Modeling, Mapping and Consequences Center; the Hydrologic Engineering Center; and the Institute for Water Resources. For example, among other qualifications, the JV was selected for its demonstrated expertise in:
- rainfall/runoff modeling
- discharge and volume frequency analysis
- sediment yield/sediment transport analysis
- surface water modeling
- running operational scenarios through the RiverWare modeling software
- hydraulic design of flood control structures and local drainage infrastructure
- overflow/floodplain analysis
- flood hydrograph analysis
In addition, the JV includes such qualifications as:
- water control management
- preparing hydrologic and hydraulic documentation reports and water control manuals
- performing risk and uncertainty analysis
- GIS applications and Computer Aided Drafting support for H&H projects
- climate change evaluations
- physical hydraulic, multi-dimensional numerical and computational fluid dynamics modeling
- computer capability and experience in using Corps of Engineers’ Hydrologic Engineering Center (HEC) programs
“I am happy that WEST’s expertise and experience with other Corps’ Districts, as well as intimate knowledge of southwestern hydrology and hydraulics for other clients, has been recognized by Albuquerque District through award of this contract,” said WEST President and JV Manager, Martin Teal.
The Albuquerque District includes Southern Colorado, New Mexico, and Southwest Texas and incorporates the Arkansas, Canadian, Pecos, Rio Grande, and San Juan river basins. WEST has considerable experience in the area including work on a current IDIQ from the U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Reclamation, Albuquerque Area Office, for professional hydrographic surveying services within the Bureau of Reclamation’s Upper Colorado Region. Likewise, WEST’s experience in the Assessment of Flow Measurements in the Rio Grande will inform the new H&H design work for USACE.
For more information on the Albuquerque District, visit: https://www.spa.usace.army.mil/
To learn about WEST’s H&H design and other services supporting USACE and other local, national, and international initiatives, see: www.westconsultants.com/services/