- This event has passed.
Severe Storm Prediction, Education, & Evacuation from Disasters Center (SSPEED)’s 10th Conference
April 28 - April 29
Post-Harvey Climate & Flood Impacts on the Built Environment
Please join us this January for SSPEED’s 10th conference, where over thirty top academic, consulting and governmental experts will present on a wide variety of topics. This two-day event will be located at the Anderson-Clarke Center (Glasscock School of Continuing Studies) at Rice University.
- Urban Design & Policy for Flood Protection
- Influence of Climate Change on Recent Storms
- Preparing for Hurricanes of the Future
- Structural & Non-Structural Flood Mitigation
- Flood Warning Systems
- Flooding Impacts on Mobility & Transportation
- Coastal & In-Bay Surge Defenses
- MAAPNext Update from HCFCD
- Impact of the Big Freeze on Energy Systems
- Carbon Exchange Update
- WEST is cosponsoring this event.
- WEST’s Vice President, David C. Curtis, Ph.D., will be presenting “Improving Design Storm Concepts for Large Watersheds in Texas” Friday at 9:20.
- Lee von Gynz-Guethle, PE, CFM, will also be attending.