- This event has passed.
Texas Floodplain Management Association (TFMA) 2023 Annual Meeting
March 7 - March 10
The Texas Floodplain Management Association (TFMA) is an organization of professionals involved in flood- plain management, flood hazard mitigation, the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), flood preparedness, warning and disaster recovery. The Association has become a respected voice in floodplain management practice and policy in Texas. The Association includes flood hazard specialists from local, state and federal agencies, the mortgage, insurance and research communities, and the associated fields of flood zone determination, engineering, hydraulic forecasting, emergency response, water resources, geographic information systems, and others.
The Annual Meeting is the premier conference in Texas, attracting the industry’s leading professionals and key decision makers whose innovation and expertise are shaping the future of floodplain management in Texas.
Annual Meeting goals:
- Present high quality and relevant education in industry areas including floodplain management, stormwater engineering and water resources.
- Return to our roots by having social events that will enhance networking and add that “family” feel to the conference.
- Create a successful event that sustains the Annual Meeting model for which TFMA is known.
Attendees will be able to choose from over 20 hours of accredited continuing education hours with sessions carefully tailored to your needs in a variety of formats.
- Staff Hydrologist/Scientist, Jeffery Budnick and Senior Project Manager, Lee von Gynz-Guethle, PE, D.WRE, CFM, along with instructors from HCFCD, USGS, and TWDB, will be teaching the full-day Pre-Conference Workshop, “River Gaging 101” (Tuesday, March 7, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm).
- Vice President, Brian Wahlin, PhD, PE, D.WRE, and Director of Applied Research, Brent Travis, PhD, PE, D.WRE, will be presenting “Lessons Forgotten from Dam Failures and the People Accused of Causing Them” (Thursday, March 9, 8:30 am).
- Project Manager, Hamideh Habibi, PhD, PE, will be presenting “Flash Flood Forecasting – Challenges and Opportunities” (Thursday, March 9, 4:25 pm).
- Senior Project Manager, Lee von Gynz-Guethle, PE, D.WRE, CFM, will be moderating the “Future of Flood Modeling” panel discussion with Mike DePue (Atkins); Mark Jensen (USACE); Saul Nuccitelli (Texas Water Development Board); David Williams (DTW and Associates) (Thursday, March 9, 9:05 am).
- Vice President, Ramesh S. Chintala, PE, CFM, D.WRE, will be attending.