HEC-HMS: Hydrologic Modeling
As recognized experts in the application of hydrologic computer models, WEST Consultants, Inc. routinely offers training courses on a national and international basis to government agencies and private industry organizations, including courses on the use of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hydrologic Engineering Center’s (HEC) Hydrologic Modeling System (HEC-HMS). WEST’s instructors all have extensive application experience with HEC-HMS. HEC-HMS is the latest precipitation-runoff simulation model developed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and succeeds the widely used HEC-1 model.
WEST has provided the Hydrologic Modeling class in both our standard 3-day course format as well as customizations to meet our client’s needs (also taught in combination with the HEC-RAS: Basic Hydraulic Modeling for Steady Flow Analysis). The hydrologic modeling training courses have been conducted in both English and Spanish.
WEST’s hands-on seminar and computer workshop provides practical training in hydrologic modeling. Participants will learn how to construct watershed models in HMS and calibrate the model parameters through optimization methods. Intensive computer workshops provide valuable hands-on experience in applying the model. Hydrologic principles and their application to modeling in HMS are discussed throughout the course, including basin rainfall, precipitation loss rates, unit hydrograph transformation, and channel routing model components.
- HEC-RAS: Basic Hydraulic Modeling for Steady Flow Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Unsteady Flow Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Two-Dimensional Modeling
- HEC-RAS: Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Dam Break Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Sediment Transport Modeling
- HEC-HMS: Hydrologic Modeling
- GIS Applications for Hydraulic and Hydrologic Modeling
- Streambank Stabilization for Restoration and Flood Control Projects
- SCADA Training through WEST-EDI