HEC-RAS: Two-Dimensional Modeling
As recognized experts in the application of hydraulic computer models, WEST Consultants, Inc. routinely offers training courses on a national and international basis to government agencies and private industry organizations, including courses on the use of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hydrologic Engineering Center’s (HEC) River Analysis System (HEC-RAS). WEST’s instructors all have extensive application experience with HEC-RAS. Some have also worked for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers including the Hydrologic Engineering Center where the model is developed.
WEST has provided the Two-Dimensional Modeling Using HEC-RAS class in both our standard 3-day course format as well as customizations to meet our client’s needs. The training courses have been conducted in both English and Spanish.
WEST’s hands-on seminar and computer workshop provides practical training in two-dimensional modeling using HEC-RAS. Participants gain intensive experience constructing two-dimensional HEC-RAS models from scratch. This hands-on experience also highlights methods in which the one-dimensional components of HEC-RAS can be connected to two-dimensional meshes. Lectures on 2D flow theory, an introduction to the new capabilities and features of HEC-RAS, and procedures for creating a stable and calibrated 2D model will be covered. Workshops focus on giving students experience with building and pre-processing the computational mesh, performing offline and inline 2D projects, and using the built-in feature RAS Mapper to spatially analyze results.
“Best professional development seminar I have ever attended.”
– Grady Hillhouse, Engineer, Freese and Nichols
“Great mix of lectures and practice.”
– Anthony Lampert, Civil Engineer, US Bureau of Reclamation
“Presentation and handout material was the most thorough of any course I have attended. Presenter went out of his way to address questions.”
– Blair Borries, Staff Ecologist, Redwing Ecological Services
“Excellent instruction with an impressive depth of knowledge.”
– Nicholas Agnoli, Branch Chief, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
“The instructor did a great job. The seminar was very well organized and presented.”
– Jeff Boudrick, Project Manager, HNTB
- HEC-RAS: Basic Hydraulic Modeling for Steady Flow Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Unsteady Flow Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Two-Dimensional Modeling
- HEC-RAS: Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Dam Break Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Sediment Transport Modeling
- HEC-HMS: Hydrologic Modeling
- Streambank Stabilization for Restoration and Flood Control Projects
- Green Infrastructure for Stormwater and Wastewater