HEC-RAS: Sediment Transport Modeling
As recognized experts in the application of hydraulic computer models, WEST Consultants, Inc. routinely offers training courses on a national and international basis to government agencies and private industry organizations, including courses on the use of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hydrologic Engineering Center’s (HEC) River Analysis System (HEC-RAS). WEST’s instructors all have extensive application experience with HEC-RAS. Some have also worked for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers including the Hydrologic Engineering Center where the model is developed.
WEST has provided the Sediment Transport Modeling class in both our standard 3-day course format as well as customizations to meet our client’s needs.
WEST’s hands-on seminar and computer workshop provides practical training in sediment transport modeling. Lectures will cover the algorithms HEC-RAS uses to compute sediment transport, selecting a transport function, computing transport capacity, the quasi-unsteady flow assumption, bed mixing algorithms, bed change options, and other fundamental computations for sediment transport modeling. The course will also discuss avoiding common sediment transport modeling problems. Intensive workshops will instruct participants in basic sediment transport modeling input (e.g., boundary conditions, bed sediment samples, hydraulic information), model options (e.g., dredging, transport equation calibration, cohesive transport, etc.), and output features.
“Additional technical and subject related information. It was not just, you learn how to use the model but you understand the model function and background.”
– Mohiuddin Shaik, Technical Manager, Jersey City, NJ
“Excellent course, very well presented, great workshops, and meaningful group discussions” “Enjoyed the workshops – troubleshooting session was very helpful”
– Alexander Belous, Civil Engineer, San Diego, CA
“I thoroughly enjoyed the instructor’s real world examples”
– Christopher Moss, Asst. Director, H&H, Kissimmee, FL
“This seminar was a very thorough introduction to the sediment transport capabilities in RAS, culminating in practical application that I can directly apply to my projects.”
– Elsa Loehmanan, Water Resources Engineer, Boston, MA
“Practical, focused, down-to-earth use of RAS sediment transport model use.”
– Andreas Kammerech, Associate Engineer, Atlanta, GA
“Great course for understanding the dos and don’ts of sediment transport analyses. Instructors did a good job tying concepts to ‘real world’ examples.”
– Scott Lyle, President of Lyle Engineering, San Diego, CA
- HEC-RAS: Basic Hydraulic Modeling for Steady Flow Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Unsteady Flow Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Two-Dimensional Modeling
- HEC-RAS: Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Dam Break Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Sediment Transport Modeling
- HEC-HMS: Hydrologic Modeling
- Streambank Stabilization for Restoration and Flood Control Projects
- Green Infrastructure for Stormwater and Wastewater