HEC-RAS: Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Dam Break Analysis
As recognized experts in the application of hydraulic computer models, WEST Consultants, Inc. routinely offers training courses on a national and international basis to government agencies and private industry organizations, including courses on the use of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hydrologic Engineering Center’s (HEC) River Analysis System (HEC-RAS). WEST’s instructors all have extensive application experience with HEC-RAS. Some have also worked for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers including the Hydrologic Engineering Center where the model is developed.
WEST has provided the Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Dam Break Analysis class in both our standard 3-day course format as well as customizations to meet our client’s needs (also taught in combination with Basic Hydraulic Modeling for Steady Flow Analysis). The dam break training courses have been conducted in both English and Spanish.
WEST’s hands-on seminar and computer workshop provides practical training in advanced unsteady flow modeling for dam break studies. Participants will learn how to approach and conduct a dam breach problem, estimate breaching parameters, construct an HEC-RAS unsteady flow model of the dam breach, and eliminate errors and instabilities in the model run.
- HEC-RAS: Basic Hydraulic Modeling for Steady Flow Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Unsteady Flow Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Two-Dimensional Modeling
- HEC-RAS: Advanced Hydraulic Modeling for Dam Break Analysis
- HEC-RAS: Sediment Transport Modeling
- HEC-HMS: Hydrologic Modeling
- GIS Applications for Hydraulic and Hydrologic Modeling
- Streambank Stabilization for Restoration and Flood Control Projects
- SCADA Training through WEST-EDI